Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There is a shift happening ...

The way people think about health & the home environment is shifting in a positive way ......

Over the past few weeks I have concentrated on speaking with people from a variety of industries about the concept of healthy homes. People from manufacturing, trades, retail and medicine are starting to give greater thought to environmental health issues within the home . As a designer I am slowly finding fantastic home wares and personal products emerging that focus on being non toxic as well as beautiful.

It is an exciting time to be alive and making a difference, there is change evolving !  I am a big fan of natural fibers in the home as they reduce the chemical emissions (often odorless) into the indoor air. I am also a fan of natural body care and cleaning products as these also protect indoor air from contamination but also protect the skin from absorbing unwanted chemicals. A win / win for health and the environment.

I am loving the new television advert here in Australia where people are shown cleaning their homes with live marine animals...although disturbing it joins the dots between the act of cleaning and where the chemicals end up.  I will try and list a product each month that I have found that is worthy of being called a healthy homes option. Its been an exciting month, I have found two products that I love and are healthy too Mi Essence tahitian breeze deodorant  and  Eli Wilson skin care  !  Small steps is all it takes ...Enjoy